Antarctic Peninsula Adventure: RCGS Resolute
Visit classic landing locations along the Antarctica Peninsula and Gerlache Strait coastline, including Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour, Cuverville Island and the Errera Channel. Ice conditions permitting, we will also attempt a transit of the Lemaire Channel, the gateway to the southern jewels of Petermann and Pleneau Islands in the Penola Strait region. We spend our days off the ship exploring by Zodiac boat and making shore landings in the company of our expert guides
The right gear for your trip – included!
During the voyage you will have the use of an expedition gear package free of charge. Containing around $US900 worth of essential equipment, this kit includes a quality waterproof/ windproof jacket and bib-pants plus insulated rubber boots designed for extended walking. We also include a set of binoculars and a Nordic trekking pole for use when on shore. A waterproof backpack completes your package. This kit saves you buying expensive clothing and equipment you may only ever use once. It also eliminates the need to carry such cumbersome gear to the ship (total weight around 8kg/17lbs).
Last Minute Savings for March 2019 - save US$1000 per person (or equivalent currency). In addition, we will include a complimentary pre-voyage hotel night at the fabulous Arakur in Ushuaia (valued at US$200pp), combined with an onboard US$50 dining/spa credit. The Arakur hotel is known for its spectacular location on a natural bench surrounded by stunning panoramic views.
The RCGS Resolute brings a luxurious touch to this classic polar adventure!
OverviewVisit classic landing locations along the Antarctica Peninsula and Gerlache Strait coastline, including Paradise Harbour, Neko Harbour, Cuverville Island and the Errera Channel. Ice conditions permitting, we will also attempt a transit of the Lemaire Channel, the gateway to the southern jewels of Petermann and Pleneau Islands in the Penola Strait region. We spend our days off the ship exploring by Zodiac boat and making shore landings in the company of our expert guides.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Luxury Expedition Vessel: RCGS Resolute
The purpose built polar expedition vessel RCGS Resolute provides a
most capable, safe, and exclusive expedition cruise experience.
Designed for comfort, there are public spaces ideally suited for each
and every need. Two separate bar and lounge areas featuring 180 degree
views and a wonderfully stocked library provide ideal places to relax
or catch up on some reading. RCGS Resolute has the highest ice class
(Lloyds 1AS). Equipped with propellers of stainless steel, high
density steel plating and small frame spacing on her hull, RCGS
Resolute continues into the ice, when others simply cannot. The ship
is very stable and her stability and strength are features greatly
appreciated in ice laden large waters. Unmatched stability, coupled
with superior speed allows for more time at your destination and more
flexibility with itinerary planning – a critical factor in polar
waters where ice and weather conditions sometimes dictate daily plans.
All cabins feature outside viewing ranging from deck three traditional
with port holes, up to decks 4 through 6 offering expansive panoramic
windows. Cabins all have lower berths that have the ability to be
single beds, or 1 double bed depending on our guests needs.
- Voyage and accommodation on board as indicated in the itinerary.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- Free use of onboard expedition rubber boots & wet weather gear (you are welcome to bring your own as well)
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac and guided hikes/walks.
- Educational presentations and leadership by experienced expedition guides, naturalist staff, and hospitality staff.
- Access to onboard multimedia room and download stations
- An emergency trained English speaking physician
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare.
- Pre- and post land arrangements.
- Transfers to the vessel.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- All items of a personal nature such as additional purchases onboard in the gift shop, laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!