Antarctic Explorer Sail-Fly: Greg Mortimer
This sail one-way, fly one-way itinerary features the best of Antarctica and allows time for more exploration, with only one crossing of the Drake Passage. Get up close with iridescent icebergs, vast colonies of Adelie and gentoo penguins, as well as islands that are alive with leopard seals busy with courtship, bustling penguins and maybe feeding whales! Optional Kayaking activity
- Skip one Drake Passage crossing
- Enjoy the very latest in expedition cruising on board the new ship Greg Mortimer
- Gorgeous long summer days on the peninsula
- Zodiac cruise in search of feeding whales
- Experience kayaking in Antarctica option* Surcharge applies
- Tour scientific research stations and historic huts
10% discount available on remaining 2019 departures until March 31. Use Promocode GM10
Save up to 25% for all departures in the 2020/21 season - the discount varies by cabin category. Please contact us for details!
Experience expedition travel with the newest and state-of-the-art Antarctic ship
OverviewThis sail one-way, fly one-way itinerary features the best of Antarctica and allows time for more exploration, with only one crossing of the Drake Passage. Get up close with iridescent icebergs, vast colonies of Adelie and gentoo penguins, as well as islands that are alive with leopard seals busy with courtship, bustling penguins and maybe feeding whales! Optional Kayaking activity.
Scrolling is disabled on map, please click to enable.
Expedition Vessel: The Greg Mortimer
This state-of-the-art 104-metre ship is a purpose-built expedition vessel for just 120 passengers, to be launched in 2019. Capable of negotiating the strongest winds and waves, the Greg Mortimer is built to world-class polar standards – designed in close consultation with expedition specialists. The Greg Mortimer redefines expedition cruising for the future. Not only can the ship contend with the most adverse weather conditions, its added creature comforts make for a more enjoyable journey out on the open ocean. As a modern and custom-designed ship, the Greg Mortimer is at the cutting edge of nautical technology. Robust, powerful and built with guests in mind, this ship marks a significant investment in expedition capabilities. From the European Arctic to the depths of Antarctica, and other far-flung destinations in-between, the Greg Mortimer will make your journey a breeze!
- Arrival transfer to hotel. One night pre- or post-voyage accommodation (breakfast included)
- Transfer to airport and charter flight to or from King George Island
- Fully-serviced accommodation in your chosen stateroom
- Daily shore excursions, guided walks, Zodiac cruises
- An experienced team of destination specialists and activity leaders
- An informative and entertaining lecture program by our team of experts
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including house wines, beers and soft drinks, afternoon tea and snacks
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell drinks including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- Pre-dinner drinks including canapes and bar snacks
- Complimentary 3-in-1 polar jacket
- Complimentary use of gumboots
- Complimentary use of fitness centre
- Complimentary access to on board expedition doctor and medical clinic
- Personalised photo book (post voyage)
- Entry fees to historic or tourist sites
- Port, pilotage charges and landing fees
- International or domestic flights to or within South America, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Passport, visa, reciprocity and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharges
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (outside of dinner service), laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, and email or phone charges.
Expeditions Online Newsletter
Sign up to be an Expeditions Online insider and receive info on exclusive deals, discounts and more!